Lamb Kebabs with Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes, Eggplant and Potato
This recipe was designed and analysed by Accredited Practising Dietitian Shannon Lavery.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 300g baby Carisma potatoes, halved
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch basil leaves, roughly torn
- 600g lean diced lamb
- 8 rosemary stalks, leaves removed
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place eggplant and potatoes on one baking tray; and tomatoes and onions on a second baking tray. Combine the oil and garlic and brush the mixture over the eggplant and potatoes. Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes and onions. Place both trays in the oven for 60 minutes, until all vegetables are cooked through. Combine the vegetables along with fresh basil leaves and an extra drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Meanwhile, thread the lamb onto 8 mini skewers made of rosemary stalks. Cook on hot barbeque to your liking.
- Serve skewers on a bed of roasted balsamic tomatoes, eggplant and potatoes. Season with pepper.